1. All drivers must attend the drivers meeting.
2. Any changes in the basic event night program due to car count, track conditions and/or any other circumstances may be announced at the drivers’ meeting.
3. Competitors that verbally abuses an official by using profane and/or disrespectful language/gestures will be ejected from the pits.
4. Raceceiver radios are mandatory in all classes.
5. If a kart or driver switch is made for any reason you must start at the rear of all races.
GREEN FLAG STARTS
1. All starts will take place at a consistent speed within a designated area that will be identified at the driver’s meeting. The two lead karts must stay side by side at MEDIUM CONSTANT SPEED. In the event that after the second “no start” attempt the race is not properly started by the two (2) front row karts, the responsible kart(s) will be moved to the second row at flagman discretion.
2. Any kart out of line and/or passing before this point will bring out a caution period and will be penalized by moving back one spot.
3. A spin or stoppage that requires a kart to be re-started during a yellow flag slow down period is considered as being involved and will result in said kart or karts re-aligning at the rear of the field along with other karts that were involved in the yellow stoppage.
YELLOW FLAG CAUTION
1. The race will not be stopped for any race vehicle in the infield or off the race surface and out of harms way.
2. No racing back to the start/finish line. No passing, slow down and stay in line and listen for instruction on your RaceCeiver.
3. Any kart(s) that stop, either on the racing surface, infield and/or in the pit/designated work area, during a caution period will be considered involved in the incident which brought out the yellow flag and that kart will restart at the rear of the field.
4. A spin or stoppage that requires a kart to be re-started during a yellow flag slow down period is considered as being involved and will result in said kart or karts re-aligning at the rear of the field along with other karts that were involved in the yellow stoppage.
TWO YELLOW FLAG RULE
1. If a driver is involved in bringing out the caution flag on two occasions or stops on the track twice during a race they will receive a black flag.
1. Karts will assemble in a single file running order according to the last completed lap. (A completed lap is when all karts have crossed the start/finish line)
2. There will be a restart cone placed on the front straightaway.
3. Restarts will be at MEDIUM CONSTANT SPEED, the leader can pick up the pace anywhere coming out of turn 4, all karts must pass to the right of the restart cone in a single file, nose-to-tail manner.
4. If a kart passes to the left of the restart cone, hits the cone, passes another kart before reaching the cone, is not in a proper nose-to-tail alignment and/or is guilty of an excessive gap between karts, then that kart will be penalized by moving to the back of the field
1. Slow down and come to a complete stop out of harms way as soon as you can.
2. Any kart that merely spins-out as the field is stopping for a red flag situation will retain their running position provided no contact is made with another kart, fence, wall or like obstacle that in itself would require a yellow or red flag.
1. All work on the kart, once any race has been started, must be completed in the designated work area unless informed otherwise. Any participants who do not work on the kart in the designated work area are subject to disqualification.
2. If a kart is put into the Hot Pit area by an official for mechanical assistance you will be allowed 90 seconds. If you pull off into the Hot Pit you must return to the track at the rear of the field prior to the Yellow light being turned off, if you do not take the green flag you will not be allowed to enter the race until a yellow/red flag has been displayed on the track.
3. If you are stopped by a track official you will get your position back providing no repair/work needs to be performed to your vehicle, if work/repair is needed you will restart in the rear of the field.
1. Rough driving will get you a BLACK FLAG WARNING! Keep driving rough and you will be ejected from the race!
2. If a driver is involved in bringing out the caution flag on two occasions or stops on the track twice during a race they will receive a black flag.
1. No two way radio communication between driver & crew will be permitted.
2. Karts must stay in designated pit area or race track area. Karts, quads, utility vehicles or bicycles are NOT allowed outside the pit gate.
3. DO NOT Exit your kart. Formalizing a rule that is already there, if a Kart is involved in an accident and can no longer keep going – and no extenuating circumstances exist such as injury or fire – the driver should not loosen any personal safety equipment or exit kart until directed to do so by safety personnel or a track official, if you do will be DQ.
RACE LINE-UP FORMAT:
1. Random number draws for heat race starting position. Competitors missing the draw time will start heat/dash races on the rear of the field.
2. Heat 1- lowest draw number starts in pole position etc.
3. Heat 2 - line-up is a complete inverted of Heat 1.
Transfer points are awarded for the heat races.
4. A-Main line-up: The transfer points that are awarded for the heat races are calculated to set the starting positions.
5. Heat races - 8 laps, 6 laps for beginner class
6. B-Mains - 12 laps
7. A-Mains – 20 laps, 10 laps for beginner class
8. Unfilled starting position shall be filled by moving straight up.
TEXOMA POINTS CHAMPIONSHIP CUP SERIES RACE:
1. Points will be cumulative throughout the entire season.
2. A- Main - 1st 89 points 2nd, 86 points 3rd, 83 points and minus three points for each position thereafter.
3. You must finish race by taking the checkered flag under engine power to receive points, trophy or payout.
4. DNF will receive last place points
5. DNS will receive no points.
6. MUST Races at least 80% of the Schedule Points Events to Receive Championships Cup Awards.
7. Top points winners will be invivte to compete in the Texas State Champion event.
Green Flag - Start
Yellow Flag - Caution-reduce speed immediately and maintain your position.
White Flag – indicates last lap
Red Flag - Stop-race is halted.
Black Flag – Disqualification penalty imposed on the driver for disobeying the rules but may also be used when suffering a mechanical failure.
Checkered Flag – Race is completed
Frames must be caged configuration karts not to exceed 90” in overall length.
Treaded tires only.
Wheels must be not exceed 6” in diameter and are to be steel or aluminum only.
Axles shall not protrude past the outside edge of the wheel.
Wings are optional box stock classes.
Body hood is mandatory other pieces tailpiece or side pods may be used. Body may be constructed of any material excluding “cloth, canvas or wood.
Bars, other than regular “nerf” bars may not extend outside the outer edge of the tire. Nerf bars may not extend more than 3” outside the outer edge of the tire.
Numbers must be displayed on the left and right side of the kart including the hood. Numbers must be legible and of a contrasting color to their background.
Brakes must be in good working order.
All caged karts shall be equipped with safety harness; they shall be attached in such a fashion as to restrict driver movement independent of seat movement. The safety harness shall include, at a minimum, a lap belt and shoulder straps.
Approved Neck Braces are mandatory.
Approved Arm Restrains are mandatory. Arm restraints shall be worn between the wrist and the elbow and attached to the lap belt.
Helmets, meeting or exceeding Snell 2012 specifications, SFI Rating accepted being full faced with face shield in place and properly fitted to the drivers head are mandatory.
Aluminum seats are highly recommended for caged karts.
A Kill Switch that effectively disables the motor shall be installed and within the reach of the driver wearing a tightened safety harness.
Chain Guards, designed to protect the driver in the event of a chain failure must be installed.
A Fire Extinguisher, in good working order must be in each race teams pit area.
No open fire.
No burning of any accelerants.
Driving gloves and shoes are recommended.
Full-length pants are required for all drivers no open toed shoes
Right side cage net is recommended.
All weights must be painted white and fastened within the frame rails.