1. All drivers must attend the drivers meeting.
2. Any changes in the basic event night program due to car count, track conditions and/or any other circumstances may be announced at the drivers’ meeting.
3. Raceceiver radios, Transponders, Gloves, Neck Brace, Arm Restraints, & fire suits (except Yard Kart class) are mandatory in every class. Raceceivers are not mandatory but recommened in Yard Karts and JR1!!!!
4. If driver switch is made for any reason you must start at the rear of the field and pay entry fee for new driver.
GREEN FLAG STARTS:
The two lead kart drivers do not start racing and must stay side by side, at MEDIUM SPEED until the GREEN LIGHT or GREEN FLAG is displayed. After two (2) attempts if we do not get a side by side start the front row driver or drivers will be penalized by moving them back one row. Caution flag before completion of one (1) lap, drivers will line up in original positions, with the exception kart drivers involved in incident starting in the rear of the field. If the majority of the entire field is involved in the incident, a complete restart with original positions will occur.
YELLOW FLAG CAUTION:
The race will not be stopped for any race vehicle in the infield or off the race surface and out of harm’s way. Any kart drivers that stop, either on the racing surface, infield and/or in the pit/designated work area, during a caution period will be considered involved in the yellow flag and that kart driver will restart at the rear of the field.
THREE CAUTION YELLOW FLAG:
If a driver is involved in bringing out the caution flag on more than three occasions will receive a black flag.
Restart Cone will not be used in the Fun Karts or Young Guns
Karts will line-up in a single file running order according to the last completed lap. (Completed lap is when all karts have crossed the start/finish line) Restarts cone will be placed on the front straightaway, after the yellow light is off the leader can start the race anywhere in turn 4, all karts must pass to the right of the restart cone in a single file. If a kart passes to the left of the restart cone, hits the cone, passes another kart before reaching the cone, is guilty of an excessive gap between karts, that kart driver will be penalized at the end of the race or at the next yellow which ever come first.
Slow down and come to a complete stop out of harm’s way as soon as you can. Any kart that merely spins-out as the field is stopping for a red flag situation will retain their running position provided no contact is made with another kart, fence, wall or like obstacle that in itself would require a yellow or red flag.
If a kart is put into the Hot Pit area by an official for mechanical assistance you will be allowed 90 seconds. You will be allowed 1 chance in the hot pit area, if you re-enter the track and are not able to join the field you will be pushed to the pit area. If a driver pulls into the Hot Pit you will not have the 90 second rule and you must return to the track at the rear of the field prior to the Yellow light being turned off. If you are stopped by a track official you will get your position back providing no repair/work needs to be performed to your vehicle, if work/repair is needed you will restart in the rear of the field.
Rough driving will get you a BLACK FLAG WARNING! Keep driving rough and you will be ejected from the race!
Rain Out Policy:
The following will be the policy if a race night is rainout.
No two way radio communication between driver & crew will be permitted.
DO NOT Exit your kart. Formalizing a rule that is already there, if a Kart is involved in an accident and can no longer keep going – and no extenuating circumstances exist such as injury or fire – the driver should not loosen any personal safety equipment or exit kart until directed to do so by safety personnel or a track official, if you do will be DQ. Under no circumstances is any crew member, family member etc. allowed on the track during an event unless directed by a track official. Result will either be a DQ or that said kart will restart at the tail of the field. This includes, green flag, yellow flag, or even red flag conditions.
Fighting at Texoma Speedway will result in suspension. Both parties involved will be suspended from the next 2 racing events. If there are further altercations one or more persons could be suspended for the remainder of the season.
TWO HEATS & FEATRUE RACE LINE-UP FORMAT:
1. Random number draws for heat race starting position. Competitors missing the draw time will start heat races on the rear of the field.
2. Heat 1- lowest draw number starts in pole position etc.
3. Heat 2 - line-up is a complete inverted of Heat 1.
4. A-Main line-up: The transfer points that are awarded for the heat races are calculated to set the starting positions.
5. Heat races - 8 laps, 6 laps for Young Guns, Fun Karts
6. B-Mains - 12 laps, All Non Qualifiers will get 10 Points
7. A-Mains – 20 laps, 8 laps for Young Guns, Fun Karts 15 Laps for Jr. 1
8. Unfilled starting position shall be filled by moving straight up.
TEXOMA CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS SERIES RACE:
Only Feature win points will be Calculated for end of year points
Heats Points are just Qualifying points and do not go towards end of year points.
1. Points will be cumulative throughout the entire season.
2. A- Main - 1st 100 points 2nd, 99 points 3rd, 98 points and minus one points for each position thereafter.
3. You must finish race by taking the checkered flag under engine power to receive trophy or payout.
5. DNF will receive last place points
6. DNS will receive no points.
7. You must race 80% of the Schedule Points races to Receive Championships Awards.
Green Flag - Start
Yellow Flag - Caution-reduce speed immediately and maintain your position.
White Flag – indicates last lap
Red Flag - Stop-race is halted.
Black Flag – Disqualification penalty imposed on the driver for disobeying the rules but may also be used when suffering a mechanical failure.
Checkered Flag – Race is completed
EQUIPMENT AND SAFETY:
1. Frames must be caged configuration karts not to exceed 90” in overall length. Treaded tires only.
2. Wheels must be not exceed 6” in diameter and are to be steel or aluminum only.
3. Axles shall not protrude past the outside edge of the wheel. Wings are optional box stock classes.
4. Body hood is mandatory other pieces tailpiece or side pods may be used. Body may be constructed of any material excluding “cloth, canvas or wood. Bars, other than regular “nerf” bars may not extend outside the outer edge of the tire.
5. Nerf bars may not extend more than 3” outside the outer edge of
6. Numbers must be displayed on the left and right side of the kart including the hood and must be legible and of a contrasting color to their background.
7. Brakes must be in good working order.
8. All caged karts shall be equipped with safety harness; they shall be attached in such a fashion as to restrict driver movement independent of seat movement. The safety harness shall include, at a minimum, a lap belt and shoulder straps.
9. Approved Neck Braces and Arm Restrains are mandatory. Arm restraints shall be worn between the wrist and the elbow and attached to the lap belt.
10. Helmets, meeting or exceeding Snell 2021 specifications, SFI Rating accepted being full faced with face shield in place and properly fitted to the drivers head are mandatory.
11. Aluminum seats are highly recommended for caged karts.
12. A Kill Switch that effectively disables the motor shall be installed and within the reach of the driver wearing a tightened safety harness. Recommend switch to be forward of the driver.
13. Chain Guards, designed to protect the driver in the event of a chain failure must be installed.
14. No open fire or burning of any accelerates.
15. No open toed shoes right side cage net is recommended.
16. All weights must be painted white and display kart number. Must be fastened within the frame rails.
NEXT RACE EVENT
Friday September 29 .
Night #1 USA Finals
Kids Bike Race
GATES OPEN AT 630PM - RACING AT 835PM